Saturday, January 21, 2017

Today I went for a 6 mile run even though I really didn’t want to and ended up SO GRATEFUL that i did. Being outside in the crisp air allows me to mull over thoughts and dreams; this is 100% ME time and I sometimes forget how important it can be. 
 I left you with a short but powerful piece of poetry I adore by Charles Bukowski. His writing is rough and dry, but also very real. Hopefully in his own jagged way...he will inspire you to live life  for yourself and breathe out the negative. DO NOT BE EATEN UP BY TRIVIALITIES 
There is only one life. Only this day..so smile deep into your heart and be thankful for each breath. 

***Recipe for a quick easy lunch below!!!!





Southwest Vegan/Vegetarian Veggie stuffed sweet potato
preheat oven to 400 degrees. poke a few holes in the sweet potato and you will know they are finished when a syrupy liquid starts to come out!
While the potatoes are cooking sauté onions in a medium pan over medium-low heat. use any type of oil of your choice, I prefer using coconut oil. Once the onions start softening add in some garlic, salt, and pepper to taste.
Add 1/2 of a zucchini cut into small cubes and let that cook for a few minutes until it softens. Second add in some black beans and 
fully cooked tri colored quinoa
 and a full cup of kale and spinach.
Let the mixture cook over low heat until fully soft and cooked through.
Once the potatoes have cooked through, cut lengthwise and add the vegetable mixture
top with 1/2 avocado and add salsa or hot sauce as desired! 

now you have all your nutrients in one simple plate!

1 comment:

  1. There is no one like Bukowski! I haven't read him since college, and your post reminded me that I should remedy that ASAP.

    ReplyDelete

Cali Dreamin

I have found a place amidst the wasteland of myself you can see straight through to the bottom clear, and bright like liquid sereni...