Saturday, February 25, 2017

Ode to a lover


Wishing and wishing into a star-less night
that you will take me away 
to that place where you’ve hidden your cosmic gems
in fear that the shadows will shake with laughter
and devour them whole
don’t you know it is only amidst the darkness
that you can ever see the moonlight
and
 I am not afraid I tell you
to journey through your dreams
Let’s wander 
and assault the deadly beasts that cry 
in the shaded parts
of the forest you’ve grown inside
the hollows of my heart 
 colored the same as yours
except
The things I fear are not what you’d think
they are the little things 
like how long will you stay, 
are you with me on this ride?

3 comments:

  1. Wow. Asboslutely beautiful. I love the dark, whimsical elements. Great poem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooooooh! I love your use of imagery it's absolutely spot on.

    ReplyDelete

Cali Dreamin

I have found a place amidst the wasteland of myself you can see straight through to the bottom clear, and bright like liquid sereni...