Monday, April 24, 2017

attempting a new type of poetry


Part 1

Can you guess what has bested me today?
An unmeasurable power
bound only by those who choose to see it bound.
It’s weightless as it seeps through a set of teeth
only to settle 
and crush any hearts that have been let off their leash.

______________________________________________________________________

Part 2

I’ve decided to bequeath this day to you.
Even rodents and scavengers deserve their day of glory.
but
swift is the passing of the sun from crest to crest,
swifter is my retribution. 
Yes, you have won this day,
but even as you read this your glory fades..
seconds have passed and
I have stolen each one of them from you
using that same unmeasurable power.



K.V.Kenney

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cali Dreamin

I have found a place amidst the wasteland of myself you can see straight through to the bottom clear, and bright like liquid sereni...