Thursday, March 23, 2017

You know who you are



I'm only funky when I think I might not see you. My heart has been pounding all morning. Maybe it was all the blow I did...or maybe I'm crazy in love with you...Muah.:

I like the way your heart lays on me
It doesn’t have to
carve
out
space
Leaves no upturned earth like a gravedigger in a yard
But it scoops out all my rotten parts
With a soft unyielding hand
Like I’m a peach
And you chose me
Despite the weathered spots
Riddling my flesh
You remind me that it’s safe enough to be
Decadent, sweet
And that my juices linger on your tongue

I like the way your heart lays on me
Humming atop the cage protecting my own
Until each bone from my chest cavity let’s you in
To the sacred space
It takes time
But you’re patient
And you can always call me back to you
Like I’m a seabird
Searching for a place to land
And I’m a wretched forgetful thing, but

I like the way your heart lays on me
It reminds me that it’s You
And will always be You






Kate.V. Kenney





No comments:

Post a Comment

Cali Dreamin

I have found a place amidst the wasteland of myself you can see straight through to the bottom clear, and bright like liquid sereni...